Marteney Love
Our life as a family of 5!

Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas is in the air!

I know I am a bit behind in my posting. The last few weeks have been quite busy. The week before Thanksgiving we became the first house of our neighborhood to have a holiday glow. Yes MY husband put up Christmas lights BEFORE Thanksgiving. This was a first. He claimed it was due t the beautiful weather and possibly only chance to not hang them in the rain. I think I am rubbing off a bit in my excitement for the holiday season. A week later the rest of the neighbors followed in their holiday cheer displays.
We spent Thanksgiving dinner with the Marteney's in Lebanon and then traveled to both sets of my grandparents for the evening. Friday morning my mom, grandma, aunt, and myself set out at 5:30 on our traditional hunt for the perfect Christmas gifts. I will admit I was exhausted by the end of the day, but surprisingly had plenty of energy to get through my needed gift hunting.
Matt stayed with his parents overnight Friday and went to the Civil War game Saturday covered in Orange and Black attire. Of course the DUCKS kicked some Beaver butt! Madison and I were cheering along to the tv from home.
Sunday was another very important hunt and annual tradition. The hunt for the perfect Christmas tree. And now several weeks later our house has been fully decorated for quite some time with presents under the tree. Our holidays festivities start this coming weekend with 2 celebrations with extended family weather permitting. I love this time of year and the chance to spend so much time with family.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails