Marteney Love
Our life as a family of 5!

Thursday, April 30, 2009

35 weeks and counting...

This past Wednesday was our 35 week mark. Tuesday afternoon I had a Dr's appointment. I had been having contractions Mon and Tues 1-2 an hour all day. I am 3 1/2cm dilated and 80% effaced. Baby A is very low. They are both head down now. At our appointment last week they could see that Mason had hair in the ultrasound. So cool!
I spent the rest of Tuesday night having contractions 5-12 minutes apart. I decided to go to bed and see what happened. They slowed down, but I wasn't so sure that we wouldn't be headed to the hospital. I am now back to 1-2 an hour. Today has been even less. Every time I get a set of them close together I wonder if this could be it. They could come anytime now. 35-36 weeks is very normal for twins and they won't stop my labor.
Everything is ready now for them to come. I even got their name letters to finish the nursery this week in the mail. We are so ready to meet them. Another week would be great for them but with the steroid shots I got in the hospital their lung maturity is not an issue. Madison asks every day for them to come out so she can hold them. She is so excited. She has had a fever since Wednesday night off an on. She has spent much of the last 2 days laying her head on my belly hugging Micah and Mason. So sweet.
Finally, here is my 35 week picture. Please excuse the look of exhaustion. I don't seem to be able to get enough sleep lately.

8 comments:

Melinda said...

You are getting so close!! You better try and get as much rest as you can now...Once the boys arrive let the sleeplessness begin! =) Twins are such a blessing....Hoping you have a very easy labor and delivery.

Patti said...

WOW, your pregnancy sure seems to have gone by fast, although that is easy for me to say! Praying that everything goes well and that your two new little men arrive safe and sound. How exciting!!

Christa said...

I think you look great! I am so impressed that you are carrying 2 babies in that little body. Thinking of you lots these days!

The Bessman Family said...

Hang in there for these last days Melissa! I know these are the hardest times... the waiting. You look terrific. Can't wait to see pictures of those baby boys when they finally arrive.

Dara Wills said...

Now THAT'S the picture I've been waiting for! You poor thing, but I am sorry, I have to admit I burst out laughing when I saw that. I guess I just got used to it because I was with you so much, then being away for a few days I just forgot. Hang in there, you're almost done! Please come soon, Micah and Mason, before your mommy can't walk anymore!

Alisa Reese said...

You look beautiful and the room is precious. Can't wait to meet those boys! You are in my prayers!!

Nana Kay said...

Waiting for my two grandsons to arrive tomorrow, my chosen birthdate for them

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails