Marteney Love
Our life as a family of 5!

Friday, April 03, 2009

Hospital Stay News & Update!

Hey everyone,
I know that a good portion of you have probably heard that I was admitted to the hospital Tuesday night. Their are many though that may not have as well. I thought I would let everyone know what has been going on and my most recent update.
I went in for a normal appt Tuesday afternoon. I had been having many contractions in the evenings the last few weeks that were pretty uncomfortable but not more than they were concerned with at that point. I went in expecting everything to be normal as it had been every appt so far. When I was checked at my appt I was 1 1/2cm dialated and 80% efaced. Our Dr told us that I would be sent straight to the hospital for monitoring and probably kept overnight to watch my contractions. At that point I had only had 1 all day. When I arrived I was checked again and closer to 2 - 2 1/2cm. I was instantly put on Magnesium IV to hold off preterm labor and given a shot to mature that babies lungs (the 1st of 2). From that point I had painul contractions all night 3-12min apart.
I have been monitored closely ever since all day and night. The contractions started slowing down Wednesday night to 1-3 every hour. Last night was 24hrs after my second steroid shot (goal for premie babies is to have both shots 24hrs apart plus 24hrs) and my IV meds were taken out at 6am and the babies are now off the fetal monitors. I have had belts around my belly the whole time watching their heart rates. I am now just on an oral terbutaline every 4hrs. As long as this keeps my contractions at rest then I should be able to go home on strict bedrest tomorrow morning. They would like the babies to make it to 34-35weeks. I am 31week and 2days right now. I did have an Ultrasound here on Thursday and the babies were 3lbs 7oz and 3lb 10oz. We had a consult with a NICU Dr. who told us that with their weights and both shots he was very pleased with what their outcome would be even if they came this week. They would have several weeks in the hopsital at this point but would be ok and probably not need much breathing assistance. Each day more inside of me is like 2 days less in the NICU.

I want to say a huge Thank you to all the generosity that has been poured out to our family. Their have been so many offers for meals and help with Madison. I could not do this without all of you. We are so blessed to have such amazing support. We appreciate all of your prayers and will keep you posted on the progress of our little ones. I will try to post again once I have had some more sleep and am settles at home.
Melissa

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Sorry to hear that you had to go into the hospital. What a scary experience. I'm glad you got the steroid shots, I got those as well at 23 weeks with my little guys. Your babies are great weights...Kaden was only 4 lbs 6 oz when he was born at 36 weeks and he did great. I'm sure your little guys will also do great. When you get home stick to the bedrest, it does work. We'll be thinking of you and will keep you in our prayers!

Beloved said...

Yes, Matthew and Melissa, the girls and I are praying for you! I learned how to do counted cross stitch and crocheted a baby blanket while on strict bed rest for two months with Emily. The doctor made house calls rather than have me get out of bed. The Lord's loving care over us is CONSTANT! love you!

Marilyn said...

I hope that you are able to go home today. I wish I could be there to help you out some, but know that you've been in my thoughts and prayers daily since I heard!

Beloved said...

Matt and Melissa - yes it is important for you to be a good girl and stay in bed. Let Matt just spoil you - and enjoy this rest time! Very soon you will be VERY busy :o) Every day that you can keep the little ones in your tummy, the better for all. I know you are anxious to see Micah and Mason, but just rest so they can get bigger and stronger :o) SO - Matt get those rubber gloves on and get to the dishes, dusting, washing clothes and chasing Madison, buying groceries and cooking...I want to hear about all your domestic qualities you have!!!! love you guys and praying!

Related Posts with Thumbnails