Marteney Love
Our life as a family of 5!

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Bed Rest, Sunshine, Friends, & Easter Eggs

So here is where I was over a week ago.


My first weekend home we got to enjoy the beautiful weather. Me from a lawn chair. Madison had so much fun playing outside an riding her new trike.




And since I have been home on bed rest we have had many visitors come stay with us for several hours at a time to help with Madison. Madison is loving having kids over to play. First was my good friend Tricia (who is also pregnant) and her 2 boys Kaeden & Koleson. Madison loves them and they love her.


This morning was our friends Dena and Baby Lindsay from Mommy 2 Mommy.


Dara and Sydney have also been over several times. She has been an amazing friend organizing people coming in the mornings, bringing meals, and doing cooking and cleaning for me when needed. I don't know what I would do without you.
Dara decided that my bed rest needed to be documented.


This evening Nana and Haley brought us dinner and came to do Easter eggs.

Yes I was up for a few minutes to take part in Madison's first egg dying experience. I promise I am on bed rest and actually obeying Dr's orders most of the day.


And finally here is my most updated belly shot at 32 weeks. Madison wanted to have her belly picture too.
(I know you will all forgive how tired I look and the sweats! :) )



Bed rest is going ok. It is hard not to get up and do normal daily things but if I am up to long I pay for it later with contractions. I will be forever grateful for everyone that is helping me keep up my house and bringing us meals.
I hope these last 2 posts meet the expectations of several requests for an updated blog. Family pregnancy pictures still to come later in the week.

5 comments:

Renee Simmons said...

You are in my prayers hun, and you better be getting lots of rest! Sending hugs & love to the family! I cannot believe how big Madison is getting, she is adoreable!

Mandy said...

Has Madison learned how to use the wheels on her tricycle yet? Jillian had hers out in the driveway today and I was trying to show her how and she just was not into that so . . . another time.
Your belly looks even bigger than the last time I saw you. Guess that's what a week and a half and a couple of steriod shots will do, huh?!?!?!
Darlin', I miss you! Work is NOT going to be the same without you. Jaime is cool and all but there is only ONE Melissa Marteney and she's my bud. There are NO words to describe my loss. Simply no words. :(

Mandy said...

By the way . . . GREAT POST! :)

Melinda said...

Melissa, you are looking great! I know what you are feeling with the bedrest...it's so hard to not do anything, but believe me in a few short weeks, you'll be wishing you had time to rest! If you have any questions or need anything, please don't hesitate to give us a call or send an email! Thinking of you guys and hoping that the little guys decide that they are comfy and don't want to come early!

Dara Wills said...

You look great and someday you'll thank me for documenting the bedrest! Hang in there, besty. LPNGP!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails